Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Rudd trashes Bible with a misquote

 

Andrew Bolt

–,Wednesday, September, 04, 2013,(6:18am)

Another churchman rebukes Kevin Rudd for misquoting and trashing the Bible in which he claims to believe:


RELIGIOUS leaders have sharpened their attacks on Kevin Rudd, citing his hamfisted attempts to argue the biblical case for same-sex marriage in a spirited shellacking of a Christian pastor on Monday night.
Broad views abounded but one of the most prominent Anglicans in the country and Old Testament scholar, the Archbishop of Sydney, Glenn Davies, said the Prime Minister was “profoundly wrong” and alleged he had actually quoted Aristotle when he suggested that “slavery is a natural condition” was in the Bible.
“I was disappointed by Mr Rudd’s comments last night in the same way that I was disappointed by the position he announced in May despite, as he said, much reflection,” Dr Davies told The Australian.
“Unfortunately in my view, he has not been reflecting on the teaching of scripture. He misquoted the Bible and attributed to the Bible something that Aristotle said.”
UPDATE
Rudd attacked a pastor on Q&A for holding a position he himself did until this year. The pastor is taken aback:

Mr Prater said yesterday he was still undecided about whether homosexuality was “a choice” or not, but he was surprised by Mr Rudd’s aggressive demeanour when replying.

I thought he was a bit rough. And I thought he was a bit patronising. But I was a bit shocked because I feel we have to have a reasonable rational discussion about this.
“I’ve been called all sorts of terrible things on Twitter and I’ve been attacked as a homophobe.”
....

Taken from: http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/andrewbolt/index.php/dailytelegraph/

No comments:

Post a Comment